Monday, January 27, 2003

Water issues fascinate me. "like oil-short America with its gas-guzzlers, Saudi Arabia wastes plenty of its scarcest resource": Saudis Worry as They Waste Their Scarce Water".

Is it a human trait to waste what we need? To take things for granted until they become a huge problem that could have been avoided? Is that human trait stupidity? We're talking water in the desert, and I'm thinking metaphorically.

And to put a cynical twist on it, I'll add in the politics of water reclamation in the Southwestern U.S.A. The desert is the fabric of life, or just the hardships if you don't believe the First Noble Truth that life is suffering. The water is what you need to survive. And politicians wheel and deal with this substance for their own political gain.

So I guess it's not just water that fascinates me, it's life and what we do with it.

and speaking of Tucson:
Arizona Starts to Feel Impact of Long Drought

No comments: