Tuesday, November 11, 2003

My ghost like to travel, so far in the unknown
My ghost like to travel, so deep into your space

- Peter Gabriel, "Growing Up"

The new Peter Gabriel DVD is out, and I'm checking it out to see if it's worth getting for other people.

But boy howdy have I fallen out of the loop. Not only did I get back from the monastery and S*die asked a clueless me, "Are you going to Modest Mouse tonight?" (of course, I remember Joyce asking me months ago), but Death Cab for Cutie is going to be in town on Monday. I'm sure it's sold out so I'm not even gonna try. Not that those things are any where near priority anymore, but if I had known in time I would have probably tried to score tickets. Pinback in December, though.

According to the Tiny Mix Tapes tour page, no band is going to correspond to any of my stops on my road trip back east the last week of November. I'm returning my car to my parents, and I'm planning on taking a far southern route since there is already snow in the mountains. I'm tentatively thinking of spending a weekend at Deer Park, and then continuing through the week through Tucson (to call Mark or not to call Mark, that is the question), Carlsbad, Austin, New Orleans (maybe spend a day there, what is there to do in New Orleans on Thanksgiving?), straight through to Florida, turn left to Raleigh, maybe visit Meghan in the Tonal Ring, stay at my brother's in Philly, and then arrive in New Jersey on December 1st.

OK, so my plans are a little bit beyond the "tentative" stage.