Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Back in Taiwan again. I came back a day earlier than planned for several reasons. First of all, this week was going to be really busy for Mad*ka (as if any week isn't?), and she had to be at work by 10:00 on Monday morning (my flight was at 4:30 P.M.), and I thought it would be good to get out of her hair and cramped apartment to give her a bit of a breather, even if she didn't necessarily need it and seems to appreciate my company. Also the flight on Monday was completely booked, and the flight on Sunday wasn't, and I prefer to avoid any crush of people, but especially in flying. Lastly, I felt my cousin would appreciate my coming back early to help out with the kids.

And it was cold in Japan. So nice to be back in the tropics, short-sleeve shirts and denim jacket. My cousin picked me up from the airport and informed me my uncle was gone on vacation for the week! He went to Cambodia. I think he didn't mention this trip to me on purpose. Partly because he's a bit absent-minded, but also to not have the possibility that I might want to go with him, which I wouldn't have. But he's great, he's in his late 70s but his mind is still in his 20s and he likes having fun without the burden of watching out for a nephew, so god bless him going on the trip without mentioning it to me!

It's good for me, too. After a week of not actively practicing and no sitting, I wanted to come back adamantly insisting on extended sitting each day, hour and a half in the morning and evening, including a 10 minute walking. So with my uncle on vacation, I can use the rooftop shrine room at will, and the roof is perfect for 10 minutes of walking, too.

Now I just have to consider returning to Deer Park.

No comments: