Saturday, October 04, 2003

I had a nice, peaceful day. How 'bout you? I had very little human contact, too. The Giants got eliminated from the post-season (bah!), and the A's didn't eliminate the Red Sox when they should have. They lost 1-2 tonight when they should have won 3-1. Eric Byrne failed to touch home plate, and Tejada of all people stopped running home because he thought there was interference and should be given home. He was tagged out as he leisurely strolled down the baseline and raised a stink when they called him out. I agree with the call just because he didn't even try to make it home safely, thereby avoiding any conflict if made it. If he got called out, then the manager could appeal that there was interference and he would've been safe.

I did get out to the bike shop. The brakes on my B bike were still giving me problems, and after taking them apart and looking at them from all angles, I realized I wouldn't be able to figure it out, no matter how long I squoze the calipers or twiddled with the springs and bolts. After a bit of fiddling, the guy at the shop fixed them with a wrench that I don't have, and used them on the part that I didn't want to go near, so I didn't feel bad about not figuring it out.

I also got two anime DVDs, one of them really cheap used. Still, this whole anime kick I'm on is getting out of hand.

No comments: