Friday, October 10, 2003

Yay! I might be getting rid of my car. Being contradictory is nothing new to me, but I'll be glad to be rid of the SUV-urban cyclist contradiction. I got my car before they became this big yuppie status symbol phenomena, and the idea was that it would be useful to lug around music equipment. But now, especially since I'm not doing music anymore, there's no justifying having it. So I'm gonna give it back to my parents and my brother back east since they just got rid of the two cars that usually get them through the winter.

I volunteered it, but I'll be a little sad to see it go, especially into my brother's care. He's a sucky driver and he just totalled one of those two winter cars. I've had it for ten years and I've been a lot of places with it, and just about every person who has been important to me has had their ass in the passenger seat. Ah, sentimental value. But it's a love-hate relationship I have with it. The hate is that it is a gas-guzzling SUV. The love is the familiarity and that it was mine.

But no, no attachment. If they want it, I'm glad to give it back. I'll drive it to New Jersey once I talk to my brother and figure out the logistics, and while I'm at it, I'll take back a bunch of music stuff that I'm not anticipating using anymore.

No comments: