Sunday, May 09, 2004

*sigh* to every season, turn, turn, turn. things fall apart by Chinua Achebe. que sera sera. Blogger changed its interface and there's nothing I can do about it, and even less to say about it. Except maybe "yuck". I'm sure I'll get used to it, that's how we're programmed by corporations. In a few weeks, I will have completely forgotten what the old interface looked like, I'm sure.

I felt a tinge of a sore throat this morning that has only gotten worse. If I'm getting sick, I know where I got it - sharing a strawberry shortcake with a woman named "Kuniko" after Juan's birthday karaoke thing on Friday night. After my throat started hurting, I recalled maybe hearing her mention that she was just getting over a cold. Sucks. If I'm gonna get sick from someone else's direct germs, at least I should get a wild make-out session out of it.

I did go on another 50 mile ride today, though. Which is weird because 50 milers are at the upper end of my riding ability, and two weeks in a row is a little nuts. Maybe I'm just getting better at it? I rode most of the way up Mt. Tamalpais, but I turned around 400 vertical feet and 3 miles from the summit (2500'). No regrets, it was pretty sick attempting Mt. Tam having done so little riding this year. The thing was that it was windy and getting chilly. Also I know that last stretch is the hardest part of the climb and it would have taken a lot out of me for the return ride. It would have been miserable getting to the top, and with the wind I would have had to turn right around and come back down. You know someone is really hardcore if they climb Mt. Tam and don't stop and head back down. And I'm not that hardcore. I like panoramic views.

Actually it turned out well, too, because a fire started on the route coming down, and Route 1 was detoured. The detour was down the way I came up, so I knew the way, but traffic was bumper to bumper on the descent. Which for me, meant riding down the middle of the road and in the opposing traffic lane, slaloming out of the way when cars came up. I thought it was fun. The cars coming up probably didn't think so. There was another cyclists who was right behind me when we started, but by the time I turned off onto another road I had come up on, which no traffic was going down, he was no where in sight. Perhaps he found my technique faulty.

current soundtrack: Victor Wooten - "Yin-Yang"

No comments: