Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Damn, the days are counting down fast towards lift-off.

*hyperventilates*

I'm glad that my parents are on vacation and won't be around when I leave, but not having them around makes it difficult to discipline my days. I'm glad I pushed back my departure date to next Friday instead of this Monday or Tuesday. Reality strikes.

Me and Cath'lic brother went down to Philadelphia this weekend to visit Married With Child brother, even though I saw Married With Child brother just a week ago. I took advantage of this second trip to Philly and dialed up Oberlin friend, Valerie and met up with her for a few hours. After shedding so many good college friends, I need to hold on to the few who are left.

I finally got my absentee ballot from San Francisco. I'm not too smart, so I couldn't figure out beforehand that it would have been better to register and vote in New Jersey, a swing state, than vote as a San Franciscan, which is no-contest Democratic. Ralph Nader was on a late night talk show not long ago. The Green Party had the sense to not support him, realizing that this election really is different; too bad he didn't. He said all the things that would make me vote for him, but standing on principle is one thing. Being clueless as to reality is another. If Kerry wins, I swear I will vote Green from now on as long as they have an intelligent, eloquent candidate, but I wonder about Nader now.

No comments: