Tuesday, October 26, 2004

voting:
I'm spending my morning filling out my California absentee ballot. I don't have the voter information book, and didn't realize until halfway through that I can look everything up online. Ican't believe I'm such a luddite. I can't believe I am such a pinko!

I think there's a valid argument against absentee ballots. I feel removed from the issues, I have no one to discuss them with and I don't get the junk mail which I actually save and use to make decisions. No, I don't think the absentee ballot is a bad thing, but maybe it shouldn't be so easy? Maybe I should have been forced to vote New Jersey? I dunno.

For the Presidential election, there's a bad choice, and there's a worse/worst choice. I'm voting for the bad choice because I'm not that much of a pinko to be subversive enough to vote for the worse/worst choice.

No comments: