Friday, November 19, 2004

at breakfast:
Dear Thay, dear Sangha, I would like to express my most profound and most mindful gratitude to the Sangha. A few days ago, I was informed that my request to stay for a longer period of time at Deer Park was approved, so that I could find out if my spiritual path will become a monastic path. I truly believe in this practice, and I trust the wisdom and insight of the Sangha implicitly. So even if my request was turned down, I could accept that decision mindfully and with gratitude...although perhaps not quite as much. *laughter*, Brother H*i, now my mentor, gives me a big "loser" sign. I bow deeply.

I found out from Brother H*i on Wednesday afternoon that my request for an extended stay had been approved. I actually got a big hint that morning, when after morning sitting (6:00-6:45), I looked down by the side of my cushion and saw that there was a name marker with my name on it! Lay friends and guests don't have name markers and they sit wherever. I just happened to have sat down at the right place.

No comments: