Monday, August 18, 2003

The Beatles Anthology DVD
"And I went to Haight-Ashbury expecting it to be this brilliant place, and it was just full of horrible, spotty, dropout kids on drugs" - George Harrison

OK, that's a little harsh on some levels, but on so many levels it might have been true (I wasn't there), and definitely still is. No, it's more true than not, I avoid walking through the Haight because the people can be just so fucking annoying.

I'm finding George to be the Beatle I like best, he was the most thoughtful and actually also the most witty. The way he talked was so easy-going. Paul I'm starting to think was really full of himself self-conscious, and John quite insecure behind his mad, biting sarcasm. All of their talent is unquestionable, they were just monster writers, musicians, and performers.

No comments: