Tuesday, April 13, 2004

ELO mix for S (I learned the hard way not to post peoples' names. "S" found this blog with a simple search for her name. Then I had to make it ambiguously and indirectly clear and in several uncertain terms over a period of time that it was probably not cool for her to be checking out my blogs):

1. Turn to Stone
2. Showdown
3. Livin' Thing
4. All Over the World
5. Evil Woman
6. Strange Magic
7. Night in the City
8. Last Train to London
9. So Serious
10. Rock 'n' Roll is King
11. Can't Get it Out of My Head
12. I'm Alive
13. Shine A Little Love
14. Sweet Talkin' Woman
15. Telephone Line
16. The Diary of Horace Wimp
17. Rockaria!
18. Xanadu
19. Don't Bring Me Down
20. Mr. Blue Sky

This mix turned out a lot better than it looked like it would. It was hard to get the segues right and the right balance and momentum to carry the mix from songs she might know through songs she didn't. I started with the last five or six songs, then figured out the beginning, and then filled out the middle and it all worked out perfectly. It's an art. And I make no apologies for loving that god-awful song "Diary of Horace Wimp"!

No comments: