Sunday, April 25, 2004

I really ought to change the title of the weblog. Traveling has been long done since I quit my job and I haven't even had a car the past five months. I got good mileage out of my National Parks Pass which will expire at month's end, and the only National Park around here with a fee is Muir Woods up in Marin, and I'm done communing with redwoods. I found a nice size tax refund in my checking account the other day (the first and only perk of unemployment) and may put off giving notice on my apartment another month just because I can.

I'm just about almost completely over the cold I had this past week. I went on a ride yesterday expecting to bonk and head home before reaching the bridge, but I got to the bridge and crossed it and made an afternoon of testing myself out on a few hills in the Headlands. 35 miles total satisfactory, not perfect, but no screaming at god and man (no confession), god and man (no religion), god and man, I don't believe in modern love. Almost completely over the cold.

I want to head out again today on my mountain bike and check out a few new trails, but doing rides on consecutive days has never worked. I even stuffed myself silly this morning to try to build up energy, but now I just feel bloated and lethargic. Yea, yea, I know, the time to stuff myself was yesterday immediately after the ride to recover, but that would have been too smart, that would have been too wise, too sensible, and what's the point of riding if you're gonna be smart, wise, and sensible? Pfft.

But it's beautiful out there, so I'm gonna head out somewhere. No movies. I saw Raghu Romeo at the SF Int'l Film Fest on Friday, and I have one or two more films I want to see. Unfortunately there are a bunch of movies in theaters that I also want to see. "Kill Bill, Vol. 2" will have to wait behind Shaolin Soccer, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...Spring, Robot Stories (I command thee to see this film if it comes to your city!!!), and . . . ok, I can probably pass on Sacred Planet, even though I theoretically want to support films that focus on the environment and our connection with it (and the calamity that will happen if we lose it). I'm sure Disney can deliver the images, but there is absolutely no reason for me to believe that Disney could deliver the message.

No comments: