Friday, April 02, 2004

So now I have three weeks to while away that I didn't expect to have. There's a road bike Yahoo! group I check out to see if anyone is organizing a ride I can join, even though I haven't yet, and I seem to have missed the "training" season. All of sudden, people are posting rides that sound pretty challenging to me; no more baby rides, no let's-get-into-shape rides. Crapola. Fortunately, mountain biking has kept me from getting totally flabby, but I hopped on my road bike and rode up Market Street with a fervor and then up to Twin Peaks. Easy stuff. Sheesh, I used to have to stop at the top of Market Street to rest, thinking I deserved it, but now it's *pfftt*. But it's gonna be hills for the next few consecutive days. If nothing else, at least get in a hill every day - Market Street, Divisidero, O'Shaugnessy, West Portal, Fillmore, whatever, but rides start next week.

No comments: