Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I drove across the country in just over three days. Three full days of driving and then arriving around noon on the fourth day. I don't recommend a solo haul like that. I did the same thing when I went to San Francisco eleven years ago, driving from Oberlin, Ohio in three days. Man, was I messed up when I arrove at my friend's apartment. This time I expected it and have the leisure to succumb to my body's rhythms to get back to normal, whereas back then I had to find an apartment and prepare for starting school. Was that really my life?

It's probably gonna be a while before I can sing along to a song with the word "San Francisco" in it without choking on the word. Interpret that however you like.

Plowing across the country like that allowed for mostly through-window-landscape shots. What could be more boring? So I'll smatter them about, as I am wont to smatter.

July 1, 2004; 11:02 A.M. - Nevada, 15 minutes or so outside of Reno.


July 1, 2004; 12:39 P.M. - Really, Nevada is a boring state to drive through. It's basically this for five hours. I love desert, but not boring desert. This is boring desert.

No comments: