Sunday, August 29, 2004

Brood:
All summer, there's been a rabbit hanging around my parents house in the evening out for silflay. A very handsome bunny, healthy with beautiful fur. Nice ass. Turns out it's a mommy, and two nights ago she was out for silflay with a little handful worth of baby bunny fur with ears in tow. Trouble was that while all mommy wanted to do was silflay on the lovely weeds on my parents' lawn, baby bunny was also after its nummies. So it was a bit of cat and mouse going on with baby bunny trying to get under mommy, and mommy would hop away a few paces to try to silflay in peace. Then after a while, baby bunny would baby hop over and try to get under mommy and the whole process would start over. It went on all over my parents' lawn. Then last night she was out with two little handfuls worth of baby bunny fur with ears. It was so cute I almost plotzed. I watched from the safety of a second floor window. Mmmm, silflay *drool*.

I still haven't gone down to Philly to visit my brother and his baby. I'm not so thrilled about meeting the baby. I know nothing about him, what would we talk about? I read recently an idea that an infant can't discriminate between its self and its surroundings. As synapses are connecting in the infant brain, caused by sensation, the baby itself is all reality surrounding it, and all of reality surrounding the baby is the baby. I don't know if the baby is past that point close to being 5 months old. But I've never been in the presence/reality of the baby, so I was never a part of its self. The thing is, babies don't lie. They're like the ultimate lie detector test of character. And if I meet the baby and the baby doesn't like me, I don't know if I can take that sort of rejection.

No comments: