Thursday, February 05, 2004

Bwahaha!
So sometime last year, I was at a show with Delphine to review for Bay Area Buzz, and one of the opening bands was Built Like Alaska. We weren't reviewing them, but I did mention them here in this blog, and apparently I didn't write the most glowing comment. It wasn't a review; for reviews I try to be even-handed and even if I'm not enamoured by a band, I'll mentioned what I liked and what fan-base might be interested in them. Anyway, they found the comment and posted it to their website, but creatively edited it so that it's positive and makes me seem a bit silly. Absolutely brillig.

The Bay Area needs bands with a sense of humor, and don't take themselves emo-istically seriously. If Bay Area Buzz wasn't slated for defunc-dom (and if I didn't have this live show-unfriendly Winter practice period schedule), I would check them out again and submit a fair review, biased towards the positive.

In other news, I would be Julie Luck's personal love slave.

No comments: