Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Sun is shining in the sky, but there are clouds in sight. Scattered showers today, but I want to get out and run some errands, so I better go soon. Maybe it's the sunlight that's the source of the good mood, maybe it's The Beatles singing "Good Day Sunshine" going into "And Your Bird Can Sing". Yes, folks, it happens every time I get a dose of Beatles. Down the slippery slope I go, and I'll be listening to them for a few days more now. I've paid my dues in purchasing my share of Beatles LPs when I was young, so I don't feel bad about having a bunch of albums burned on CD, especially since a bunch of them were quite short and the CD liner notes are minimal and not worth owning. I burned Abbey Road and Let It Be and included outtakes and alternative versions from the Anthology series. I have Help! and Revolver on one CD, also with extras from Anthology. The Anthology version of "And Your Bird Can Sing" is hilarious because it's so obvious Paul and John are so stoned. One can just imagine George Martin in the control room, bemused and taking the lads in stride.

I did get my wish Monday morning when I woke up and it was pouring rain. Missed sessions because of rain are like when professors don't show up for class - they don't get made up, and I don't have to do the session at home. Besides, the ride to SFZC at 5 in the morning wakes me up. Trying to sit at 5 in the morning at home would most likely end up with me at a 60 degree angle with my head resting gently against the wall. Yesterday afternoon was a quandary, though. Afternoon sessions shouldn't be missed because even if it is raining, I can still make it there in time by planning ahead. But the criteria is if I can't get there not soaking wet, I don't go. And it was not only raining, but it was gusty, too. As in "don't bother taking an umbrella" gusty. As in, I'd get there soaking wet regardless of planning ahead. I didn't go. I ate cookies and fielded phone calls from people who knew me from way back when, so I can't blame them for calling and appreciate it, but would have preferred that they hadn't. I stopped answering the phone by the time my mom called *whew*.

No comments: