Monday, February 23, 2004

I had a bizarre "lapse" last night that kept me from going to SFZC this morn. It was bizarre because I can't put my mind back into those moments to explain what I was doing. You know how you can think of what you did yesterday and remember what you did and what you were thinking or feeling and why? I think back at last night and wonder "what the hell was I doing that for?", and can't explain it. Or I can't identify with making those choices. It may have been a lot of subconscious rendering going on.

A couple weeks ago I had a bout of sleeplessness and the resulting mindset the next day was rather taxing, and it looked like last night was going to be another round of sleeplessness. So after an hour, and one frustrating near-miss with sleep, I had a shot of vodka. Don't ask me why I have a bottle of vodka in the apartment when I'm not supposed to. Long story short, I ended up falling asleep at probably around 1:30, I have no recollection of it, after 4 shots of vodka, which in my alcoholic days was no problem, but now probably explains why I can't relate or identify with the whole experience, and after reading a chapter of one of my favorite books that eerily reminds me of a past flame, and writing a failed blog posting on said flame and weird connection to this book.

Needless to say, although waking up at 4:55 was no problem, staying awake and getting out the door with a head made of glass was not going to happen. Mid-afternoon, I'm feeling more or less recovered. Man, how did I function like this year after year after year? So fifth week of practice period got off to a bad start. Fortunately, there is no good or bad regarding it. In fact, I've been feeling quite light recently. Or is it light-headed?

Anyway, my new camery battera that I ordered on Friday has arrived at a San Francisco post office, according to tracking. . . . I mean camera battery. I might even get it before this Wednesday's 50 Foot Wave show. A show? On a weekday? What about practice period? Click the link and shut up. I almost plotzed when I heard Kristin Hersh formed a new band. And I almost plotzed again when I saw they were playing in San Francisco. Double near-plotzes trump practice period.

No comments: