Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I've been wondering what happened to dear ol' jahva. We started blogging right about the same time and we commented on and linked to each other's blogs. She started a fotolog, then I started a fotolog, and we commented on and linked to each other's fotologs. She got her husband to start a blog and a fotolog, and though he never got into the swing of it, he seemed to be a most agreeable and likeable fellow. I liked jahva's simple, positive, enthusiastic little ditties of posts. Her husband's not posting would be no surprise, but jahva has been quiet since December, and I think jahva's last picture in fotolog was not too long after that.

So is that how it goes with online acquaintances? Suddenly they're gone, no word, no clue, no way of finding out what happened? I wonder what happened to jahva, but I can't say I'm affected in any profound way by her absence. If something tragic to them happened, I'll never know about it and it will remain a mystery. And it would be "them", since if something tragic happened to either of them, I'd hope the other would post some explanation. We're not that insignificant, are we? It's just so unlike her to just disappear without a trace. If I were a DJ, like Chris-in-the-Morning from "Northern Exposure", this is where I give a shout out to jahva wherever she is, and start spinning a poignant little ditty for her on the turntable. Maybe "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from the Wizard of Oz would be appropriate.

No comments: