Saturday, June 14, 2003

Bleah, why is it that I get more wasted drinking less at a bar than drinking more when I'm at home? Actually, it didn't occur to me that Beale St. got a little out of hand until I got home. And that's after heading to Edinburgh Castle, where I didn't drink any more, and then getting a burrito (<Cartman>I'm hungry! Do you understand?! Necessiiiito un burriiiito!</Cartman>). I guess it was because I was planning on going to Edinburgh Castle that I stayed at Beale St. longer than usual. Oh, my aching head. I also probably should have eaten sooner than I did.

And not helping, mind you, Mountain Dew "LiveWire" is friggin' gross!! It's only available the summer of 2003. That stuff would make it a long ass summer! Remember those plastic tubes filled with flavored sugar water that you stick in the freezer, and when you were a kid they made a refreshing summer cooler? You'd squeeze the frozen sugar water into your mouth and it was oh so good. Well, take a tube of the orange flavor, pour it into a can of Mountain Dew, and there you go.

So the band I went to see at Edinburgh Castle, I knew from Fiction days when I played drums, so they only knew me as a drummer. But Denise, who has stayed in touch with them, recommended me as a bassist if they need a bass sub for the summer. Their regular bassist is going to need surgery, but the surgery got put off until August. I didn't mention that I planned to leave San Francisco soon after that, but I did get a free CD!

A wise man once said, "It's all about the freebies".

No comments: