Friday, June 06, 2003

Huh, wha . . .? I logged on to post my review, which I finally submitted, and there it already is! Oh, no wonder, that was after 4 in the morning after my brain already logged off. Nice.

The nice thing about writing for a free local zine is that you don't have to prove that you're some authority on the subject matter, slinging analysis and comparisons and dropping band names like bread to pigeons. It can be a personal, subjective, "well, I got too late to see the opening act, and the audience for the second act were a bunch of tweakers . . . " Bay Area Buzz is down home and homey, people writing about their impressions, what happened, what they saw, what the scene really looks like. That's why I can get away with saying very few people really like Sebadoh. I have no idea if no one likes Sebadoh, or if Sebadoh fans wouldn't even recognize Jason Loewenstein's name on the marquee, but where were the Sebadoh fans that night? I felt justified without doing the market (web) research to back up my claims.

No comments: