Tuesday, June 17, 2003

OK, mild anxiety settles in about going to New Jersey for a whole week. I have not begun to pack. I'm taking as little as possible, make this as low maintenance a trip as possible. I want to squeeze my eyes real hard tomorrow, and when I open them, I want it to be one week later. Oh, but I'm remembering to take my hi-hats so I can set up my old crappy college drumset and go mad wild like I haven't been able to since I was last in a band over a year ago.

Juxtaposed with this "going to New Jersey" thing is having met up with Joyce and Elizabeth, fresh from Chicago, this evening. Always fun meeting up with them, and even though Elizabeth no longer lives here, the experience did give San Francisco the sheen of "home" in comparison to New Jersey. Ten years, I know San Francisco, it's mine, I know the Bay Area. But I'm not its. And I'm adamant about leaving it. Adam Ant? OMG, I just got that!!

Now I'll never be able to say "adamant" again. I'll always say "Adam Ant". Believe me, I know me. Crikey.

Tomorrow's supposed to be a nice day as I fly out of San Francisco. Leaving Elizabeth for her few days more here as she revisits friends and stomping grounds, hopefully not, um, murdering any petite Japanese chicks who done married her stupid-ass ex. Leaving the reminiscence of a rare gorgeous weekend, having met Lisa and Amy for a show Saturday night, having missed Amy by probably mere meters on Sunday for an afternoon to be spent in Golden Gate Park. And if I moved to Tucson? Why would I ever leave?

No comments: