Sunday, June 29, 2003

What a weekend. The temps have come down quite a bit from last week, to my chagrine needless to say, but aside from waking up to fog, the afternoon was quite pleasant. I headed out late in the day to look for Amy who was manning a booth at Pride, hoping to catch her at the end of her shift, but when I got to the general area where she said the booth would be, I found nothing. I hung around the Civic Center for a while, taking in the whole Pride thing, and enjoyed myself. I decided to avoid the parade because of the extent it has become commercialized and has taken on such a character of buying and selling, rather than a community celebration. What am I saying? I'm not gay. I mean rather than a celebratory event for a community.

My life would be so much easier if I were gay. I'd be such a hot piece of ass. After several discussions about it over the weekend, I've concluded that I'm attracted to the character of the gay community, but I'm not attracted to physical or emotional intimacy with other males. So I'm SOL. I'm a lesbian in a dude's body, what can I say?

Another reason I didn't get out until late in the day was because last night ended up pretty late with a birthday dinner for Amy. I met S*die and Bob for lunch yesterday in Noe Valley, and that went as expected. I was in Noe Valley to buy Amy a bunch of hideous San Francisco memorabilia since she's leaving soon. I got her matching San Francisco socks, trivet, pot holder, piggy bank, deck of cards, and I think that's all, all by the same artist. OK, it wasn't hideous, arguably tacky, hopefully funny.

Amy, Lisa and I met up for the Dyke March before heading over to Cha Cha Cha's in the Mission for dinner. It was a pretty large group, and I was starting to fade for some reason, but I managed. Afterwards we headed over to Elbo Room, which was OK I guess. I was still fading. After some "close" dancing with Lisa, the rest of them headed over to the Endup to continue, but since I was so close to home, I bailed. They were probably still dancing as I crawled my way into bed.

Things haven't felt like routine since I've gotten back from the East Coast, undoubtedly because of the record breaking temps we've had. This week, with temps back to normal, should feel more like routine, whether that's good or bad, I don't know. Holiday weekend coming up. I ran into my old college friend and ex-housemate Nobuko at the dyke march. She's apparently having drama with her girlfriend so I'd like to catch up with her real soon. And another of my best friends from Oberlin is flying in next weekend from Singapore for a conference and I'm planning to meet up with him by any means necessary. It's been over ten years since I've seen Pasha. We'll never be the friends we were in college, but I'm glad that I'll have a chance to see him at least once more.