Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Bleah, today can't decide if it wants to rain or dry out. I'm on a quest to buy a replacement workhorse mountain bike, and I've been eyeballing a sweet Cannondale for $699, and it finally occured to me why I've been balking. I can't afford $699 for a new bike!! Also, "workhorse" to me means sturdy and low maintenance. I ride somewhere, lock it up, put down my thang, and when I'm done I ride home. With this Cannondale, I'd have to worry about locking it up, where I lock it up, how long I lock it up, and still worry that it or its components won't be there when I return. So now I'm perusing Craig's List for used bikes, and also want to return to the bike shops with a $300-$400 range.

But every time the roads dry up, it starts raining again. Another day to think about what I want and what I want to use the bike for. At least I might get a trainer for my Peugeot off of Craig's List tonight.

No comments: