Saturday, December 06, 2003

"Lord, strike that poor boy down!"
Went to a Korean restaurant last night and I had a bottle of soju. Shit is stealth wine, I swear. When you drink it, it doesn't taste, smell, or feel like anything. But after I got home, not even side A of Van Halen's Fair Warning could keep me upright. That's some good shit.

It's strange how I don't even like David Lee Roth, but after he was fired, Van Halen just wasn't worth listening to anymore. They were pretty bad ass in the early days. Eddie, deservedly, gets all the attention, but listening to this old LP, Michael Anthony and Alex Van Halen were an incredibly tight rhythm section. I'm sure Eddie is not an easy guitarist to play under, but man did they hold it together. And with that now-classic LA studio sound.

No comments: