Monday, December 08, 2003

The idea is supposed to be that I'm supposed to feel a lot lighter now, now that I don't have a car that I didn't even pay for, that I didn't even work for, that I didn't really earn or deserve in any appreciable way. Hmm, if I put it that way, I guess I do feel lighter. I was gonna say I haven't noticed feeling any different since I don't use it regularly, but I anticipate that I will feel lighter as time goes by, weighing in the convenience it brought against the material possessions thing and the pollution thing.

I guess my apartment feels lighter now that my drumset is gone. My bedroom is a little emptier, at least. And I'm two basses and one guitar down, too. That helps. I'm a few items of clothes heavier, as I couldn't resist the fact that New Jersey has no sales tax on clothes. I got a pair of 501 Levis jeans! I'm so early-90's!! You know you're old when you get a pair of button-fly 501s and they fit well, and you think that's a good thing.

No comments: