Friday, January 16, 2004

Holy cow! Where did this week go? It hasn't even been significantly rainy to excuse hunkering down with books and DVDs and doing nothing. No, the weather has been mild compared to last week, and I've put 50 miles on my bike without going on a "ride", and otherwise hunkered down with books and DVDs.

Just thinking these days. Considering hell or high water giving notice on my apartment on March 1st and see where the chips fall, but on April 1st, I'll be out of this apartment, out of San Francisco. Possibility one is that giving notice will be the spark and send me down to the monastery in April. Possibility two is that I'll have loaded up a truck with my remaining stuff and be driving back to New Jersey, to decide after I get there to go to the monastery. Just considering.

But for this weekend, it's a roadtrip to Portland with Lisa and Melissa to visit Amy. Looka me, maw, I'm doing stuff with other people! It didn't take too much arm-twisting, but they did assume pretty early on that I would be going. And by next Wednesday I have to decide whether to commit to the SF Zen Center Winter practice period. It's nothing major, not a big actual commitment. Just a commitment in my head. And of $75 for nothing too much out of the ordinary.

No comments: