Thursday, January 22, 2004

Only Eliza Dushku could save Tru Calling, and . . . she doesn't really. The bad script-writing only serves, unfortunately, to emphasize the limitations in Dushku's acting abilities. I was hoping that she would prove to be a good actress, not just one of the many young, hip, trendy, flavor-of-the-month actors out there. She was great as bad girl with attitude, Faith, in "Buffy". I liked her just fine in "Bring It On", another bad girl with attitude role. But as Tru Davies, a decidedly non-bad girl role, well, the qualities in her acting that came off as edgy and with attitude as a bad girl, are just bland when she's playing a non-bad girl role. It is only the hotness that is Eliza Dushku that can keep my TV on the same channel for the hour the show is on. I know that's shallow of me, but I don't know when I'll get tired of seeing that face on the TV screen.

Seriously, were the writers so aware of the poor writing that they include a recap of the first half of the show halfway through?

No comments: