Thursday, June 03, 2004

I gave notice on my apartment, so something is gonna have to happen at the end of this month. I don't know why I mull so hard on decisions that are no-brainers. I was mulling like you ain't seen anyone mull before. I was mulling all through jury duty this morning (parties settled and we were dismissed by noon). But no matter which way I look at it, I had to give notice on my apartment. Even if by some nasty blow to the head I decide to stay in San Francisco and get a similarly paying job as before, I'd want to move to a better part of town. Yea, the Mission is cool and artsy, blah, blah, blah, but I'm getting sick of barrio fabulous.

And leave it me to cast the dye to leave San Francisco, then ride up to Clement St. for incense and dim sum at this place that has the juiciest, fattest siu mai you've ever stuffed your mouth full of. Then get some work done on my bike and have the labor comped because I bought the bike there. We've got great cycleries. Then over to the Red Vic to catch Breathless - I don't know about other cities, but we've got the best rep and art houses. Why do I hate this place so much?! It's just that I haven't ever been able to make it happen. I love the landscape, I can become one with the landscape, shake it and vibe it and work it, but. . . no connection. With the people or the scenes. Ten years here and I have no community, and I'm still an outsider.

No comments: