Wednesday, February 05, 2003

I'm still feeling out the tone and voice of this weblog. The basic idea is to be a keep-in-touch-with-people kind of thing, letting people keep track of the contours of what I'm doing if it so occurs to them that they want to know (ha!). Try to make it not too boring.

As for things I'm doing, I didn't even mention the Johnny Marr & the Healers show I went to on Saturday night, but I guess anything to blog was overshadowed by the Columbia tragedy. But yea, Johnny Marr. I was never a huge Smiths fan, but Delphine was going to get me in free if I brought my digi camera, because she was reviewing it and could get a photo pass. I have to admit I was impressed as she casually got the tickets and photo pass from the Bimbo's box office:

"You're cool! Can I touch you you?", stroking her arm.
"Shut up!!"

Johnny Marr was pretty good. The songs were good for a first listen, and he's a seasoned performer with . . . seasoned British stage presence. Most fun to watch, though, was Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr's son) on drums. He's a really good drummer, very solid, very fluid. Hanging out with Delphine for an hour, waiting for her brother to pick her up, also highlighted the evening.

I have a week and a half left of work. Part of the reason why I'm quitting is because in the three years plus that I've worked here, I haven't been able to get anything going in my life. In fact, I lost things as I quit the band I was in last year. I go to work, I get a paycheck, and I don't do anything with it, and that's worthless living to me. I don't know what quitting will solve, but it's important for me not to be just floating through a worthless, personally meaningless existence. It's a dead end.

No comments: