Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Well awright!
A new record, I just went one full week without seeing a person I know. Last Monday I saw a bunch of ex-coworkers when I went there to pick up some CD shelves that I had lent someone. Just standing outside the building for 15 minutes during lunch I must have run into a quarter of the office. It ended tonight when I went over to Sadie's because she wanted to "learn some cover songs". For some reason she's a musician but doesn't know how to play her favorite songs by her favorite artists. Go figure. I showed her the Kinks' "Sunny Afternoon" and the Beatles' "Dear Prudence".

Actually, I did run into someone I knew at the anti-war rally on Saturday, but he was someone I hadn't seen in I don't know how many years, so he doesn't really count. I didn't recognize him but remembered him after he mentioned his name. I was shocked that he recognized me at all. I'm not a very distinct looking person (and I was wearing a hat, covering a Steve-Buscemi-in-'Ghost World' haircut). Anyway, since I saw him last, maybe 8 years ago, he left the Bay Area and came back, and is now trying to do music. He tried his hand at rap the last I knew, and now he's trying to get into rock. He gave me a CD of one of his songs he had on him, and it's pretty rough around the edges, it's pretty novice, but I fancy the idea of working with someone I know. That's been the idea since I quit Fiction and why I'm picky about auditioning.

No comments: