Tuesday, July 08, 2003

I'm glad I got out today. It looked cold and windy out there, but once I got out, it was windy but pleasantly warm. Another "heatwave" (burning in my heart) is forecast for the days coming, so I'm planning on another ride before heading up to Portland to visit Nina and hang with Amy and Lisa to find Amy an apartment. In my daily perusal of the road atlas, I realized that Crater Lake is on the way up to Portland, so I think I'll leave Thursday to Crater Lake, maybe ride around it and hope to avoid another Lake Tahoe debacle, and then head up to Portland on Friday. It's a good plan.

I haven't thought of any extended planning after Portland, but I should. Seattle? Head east to Yellowstone? Another sweep through picturesque Utah? It all depends on how I feel, so I really can't plan. Just no taxing the car with 22 hour drives like from Grand Canyon back to San Francisco. That was truly brutal.

No comments: