Monday, July 21, 2003

OK, I think I'm done with going to Kezar Pub to watch the Tour, unless I can drag other people along. Or unless something big happens. It's just starting to feel a little obsessive, and don't I have better things to do with my time? No? Actually, no, I don't. Watching it has served its purpose of inspiring me to get out of the apartment and hit the road, and hit the road today I did, doing a ride with two respectable hills I suffered up. The ride ended at Kezar Pub where I was meeting S*die, sans Bob, and it was a weird feeling riding through Golden Gate Park at the end, thinking "can't wait for beer!!" After we parted ways, I tore home only to collapse perhaps from exhaustion and beer. If beer is the reward for riding, and going to Kezar Pub the inevitable end of a day's ride, that can't be a good thing. I want to get to the point where I'm not suffering up what should be easy hills. Mt. Tam tomorrow.

You have no idea how badly I'm jones-ing for instant noodles.