Wednesday, July 30, 2003

I'm not taking a shower tonight. I'm a night showerer. I don't deserve a shower after the pathetically little I did today. I did get one mix CD done today, and most of the track list for another, but then at the last minute I changed one track and now it's like 47 seconds too long, so I have to re-shuffle things. Then I have two other mix CDs that I'm also shuffling things about, trying to get them right.

Again I didn't get out to ride up Mt. Diablo, even though I made a whole production, complete with singing and dancing, to figure out which BARTs I could take my bike on at what time. I even sweetened the kitty (wha?) by ending the first act with a song about not having to do Mt. Diablo, that I could just go to Orinda and do the East Bay Hills or the East Bay Reservoir/Berkeley hills ride. I left the theater at intermission, obviously.

So I'm setting my mind to ride up Mt. Diablo tomorrow. I've been feeling kinda weak lately, but I raised my seat on my bike (apparently it slips over time) and when I went out yesterday, wow, what a difference. Just half to three-quarters of an inch and I get so much more power. I'm not sure what the physics of it is, but it probably has something to do with leg extension, momentum, and potential energy. It gives a completely different meaning to "bringing up the rear".

No comments: