Friday, May 16, 2003

an email exchange sorta for Joycee:
-----Original Message-----
From: Cassandra
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 2:19 PM
Subject: Bealeing on Wednesday, May 14

As many of you know, I am leaving for Canada this Friday (May 16). I hope to see you all down at Beale on Wednesday (so you can buy me a "going on holiday" drink).

-----Original Message-----
From: TK
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 2:17 PM
Subject: RE: Bealeing on Wednesday, May 14

So you won't be worth a shit at work on Thursday?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 4:26 PM
Subject: RE: Bealeing on Wednesday, May 14

I've worked with Cass for nearly 3 years, and I am almost certain the quality of her work on Thursday morning will be just as noteworthy as it is any other day of the week. As far as I can tell, there's no reason to believe that a drunken night of revelry will lower her work standards one iota.

-----Original Message-----
From: Koji
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 1:58 AM
Subject: Re: Bealeing on Wednesday, May 14

Being sober or drunk made a pretty big difference for me. I worked better when I was drunk. I loved how my team used to make up excuses for me for why I would come to work stinking of gin. I couldn't have had a more supportive, enabling team.

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 11:11 AM
Subject: RE: Bealeing on Wednesday, May 14

Sample conversation at our morning meeting:
Eric: Gee, did anyone notice Koji stinks of gin again this morning?
Josefa: Who?
Eric: Koji Li.
Theresa: I like gin.
Josefa: Rum's good too.
Eric: Yeah, so, um, did anyone notice?
Theresa: Notice what?
Eric: That koji reeks of booze this morning!
Josefa: Maybe he helped a drunken homeless man across the street? You know how helpful Koji is.
Theresa: Yeah that's probably it.
Eric: Yeah, probably.
Theresa: Any other items of concern this morning?
Josefa: Nope
Eric: Nichts.
Koji: Zzzzzzzzzzz

A sick part of me misses Josefa. A very sick part. I need to watch "Secretary" again. j/k.

No comments: