Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Unemployment screws with time. Yesterday morning I woke up thinking it was Sunday. Last night I realized at 8:00, when Buffy wasn't on, that it wasn't Tuesday. And at one point today I had the rude realization that it wasn't Monday.

I need to head out of town for another roadtrip soon. I haven't even filled my car with gas since I got back from Tucson. I need to test the engine before any major trip, and I still need to check on the brakes. Things are in danger of stagnating. Yesterday I went on what was supposed to be a light power run, using the streets in the Mission with traffic signals, sprinting a block, stopping and resting at red lights, jogging rest blocks, letting the lights determine what I do each block. It was supposed to be light, but then it got extended into Potrero Hill, sprinting up hills, going light at times, and pushing flats at times. Katie emailed today to see if I wanted to go for a run, and I was going to rest until Friday, but figured that running with Katie would be good because she runs at a slower pace and that would keep me from pushing. But alas, rain prevented running and going to Beale St. Friggin' rain. I considered driving to Beale St., but driving in the city wanks.

No comments: