Tuesday, May 13, 2003

I went for a run in Golden Gate Park yesterday, a week to go before Bay to Breakers. I bonked after 35 minutes from under-hydration and mild heat exhaustion. It was sort of a warm day, but it was windy with the potential of being chilly, so I wore a black shirt in case I needed to soak in the sun to keep warm. In practice, though, it got pretty hot, and I didn't feel like removing my shirt even though that would have been wise and might have allowed me to finish the run. I have my reasons. Today, I went jogging with ex-coworker Katie, and that went quite well. She runs at a slower pace, so it was the equivalent of an aerobic workout with no serious strain. Endorphins comfortably running their course through my veins afterwards, whee!

Tonight was rehearsal with S*die and H*n's band for a drummerless gig on Saturday. Not exactly drummerless, though, just that their regular drummer can't make it. The current plan, subject to change, is that I'll bring my drums to bang on for some songs, H*n will bang on them for some songs, and maybe by the end of the week, S*die will be banging on them for some songs, too. I think this can fairly be described as an "experimental" gig. Good times.