Tuesday, April 15, 2003

And now, the hard part:
Reconciling a week's worth of traveling the open road through the expanses of the American Southwest landscape with coming back to the mundane domesticity of stationary life. I got home just before 5 this morning, and as everything this past week has been in spontaneous motion, here was my apartment exactly like I left it. Or, the other side of the coin - after a week of everything being new and not knowing what was coming next, here was familiarity. OK, that didn't help. How 'bout this: after a week of chapped, cracked lips, shredded cuticles, and forgetting to put on sunblock, here is . . . typing with gloves on because the Bay Area is friggin' cold. OK, that really didn't help.

Need to decompress and get back into the groove of things, things that I have to do:
1) Get car fixed (it got me home, but that's all);
2) Get bike fixed (overhauled, really);
3) Unpack;
4) Review communications;
5) Register for Bay to Breakers
6) Scroll through my memories of this past week and see what was there.

No comments: