Sunday, April 27, 2003

Sadie picked me up at the ungodly hour of 11:00 this morning to go to her band's new rehearsal space for the two of us to jam, and me to maybe teach her a thing or two on drums. Our plans were foiled by an unexpected padlock on the room. So we headed off to Old Chelsea, which I spotted on the way there, for fish & chips, but our plans were foiled again as they were closed. We ended up in the Haight, eating at a joint called "All You Knead", pretty good, and then just wandering about for most of the afternoon. There aren't too many people I can spend an entire afternoon with, and the feeling I have when hanging out with those few people has not made me want to be particularly intimately close with any one person as a general concept. I seem to have lost that desire (oops, where did it go, it was here a moment ago).

After our wanderings about, she was supposed to drive me home. Her driving had been weird all day, only part of it attributable to her preoccupation with a pair of flies having sex on her windshield for a good two or three miles. I'm really not a backseat driver, and today I was the complete opposite and just let her drive which way or the other, seeing where she ended up without me telling her that she missed this turn or the other. I was just curious. It's not like she doesn't know how to get around the city or where the studio is or where I live. I did finally point out when we were two blocks away from her apartment how interesting it was that she was supposed to be driving me home, and here we were two blocks away from her apartment. She got the brilliant idea that she just go home and I take her car to my place since she got the studio padlock thing cleared and we were planning to go in the evening.

No comments: