Thursday, April 17, 2003

I haven't ridden my bike in two days, since I got back from my trip. I understand an aversion to my red Peugeot since that went with me, and it needs a tune-up or an overhaul. We got miserable rained, snowed, and hailed on during the last push home from Nevada to San Francisco. Added to the gusts it was subjected to on the back of my car, all the lubrication has pretty much been stripped off. The front tire is flat. When I first got to Tucson and parked the car and got on my bike, it went flat soon after. It turned out that it was just the valve that was leaking so I just had to pump it up every morning before riding and it would last the day. I had a fresh tube, but I decided to save it in case I got a real flat or if the valve really busted. Now that I'm home, nothing is stopping me from putting on a new tube. I guess I'll get to it eventually. I guess I also need to decompress from that bike, after the ordeal, even though it was generally a good one, except for the drive home. But I also haven't been able to get on my blue Fuji, either. I've been walking everywhere.

No comments: