Friday, April 04, 2003

Daylight Savings Time is so close I can taste it, the happiest day of the year for me. It will also befit my sleeping hours. I've been trying to get to sleep by 4a.m., but I've let go recently and now I don't get to sleep until 5 or 5:30, waking up between noon and 1:00, or 13:00 since we're at war. Spring doesn't officially kick in for me until Daylight Savings does. In fact, I move that we move Daylight Savings several weeks early to correspond with bon Printemps.

Reclusive lifestyle, I broke a new record last night going one week and a day without seeing a soul I know. I can do better than that. It was Beale St. last night, connecting with Cass, Lisa, Tristen, Dorrie, Mike, and TK. Afterwards I was supposed to meet Delphine at Bottom of the Hill for the Mark Gardiner (formerly of Ride) show, but then I realized that I don't know Mark Gardiner and I'd never heard of Ride. So why was I going to pay $12 to see him? To hang out with Delphine. Hey, I'm unemployed, there are cheaper ways to hang out with Delphine. I think Delphine was disappointed that I didn't show. That's my MO these days, to disappoint everyone I know. Keep standards low. I'm trying to buck my impulse to please people and not rock any boats, so I don't mind disappointing Delphine. Nothing personal, it's the principle.

My latest Netflix DVD rental is "Classic Albums: Phil Collins - Face Value". I'm not a Phil Collins solo fan by any stretch of the imagination, but Phil Collins, in his work with Genesis, is my fave drummer of all time. This DVD is really interesting in its retrospective look at the creation of this album, which is actually half decent; I'm a whore for behind the scenes, making-of material. The creative process fascinates me, as I have not been able to engage my own.

No comments: