Saturday, April 05, 2003

?!!!???!?!
Arizona doesn't recognize Daylight Savings Time?!!!

OK, wait, breathe, don't summarily discount Tucson, their reasons are actually pretty good. With summer daytime temps reportedly well into the hundreds, it makes sense to want evenings to cool off as soon as possible. We can sacrifice the expansive summer nights I had been anticipating for the hot desert climes. We need to leave the Bay Area, right? So I'm still looking at heading out Tuesday, thinking of making my drive out in one long 14 hour haul. What else do I need to take into consideration? Do taxes before leaving. I'm anticipating being in Tucson until April 12, then decide if I want to head straight home or north to Alaska the Grand Canyon. This is not going to be a well-planned trip. But who knows? Maybe if I can hack it, I'll just wander a while before needing to be back here by April 20.

I met up with Sadie, Bob, Han, and Ikuko at Esperento's tonight for tapas. The suggestion came up that when I move out of town for good, I'd do it without telling anyone. That's the kind of friend/acquaintance I am. We were joking, of course, but it would be an appropriate way for me to leave. Note to self: avoid hanging out with a bunch of friggin' couples.

No comments: